MOJO CRITTER Strikes Again!!!

Jeff Mock

I went out this morning to do some calling with Snowmanmo, and his buddy Dean.

We arrived at our spot while it was still dark, perfect timing.

As I was getting "suited up", I noticed all of the product I was about to use that came from our sponsors here on Predator Masters. I guess if anyone should be using our sponsors products, it had better be me.

After I put my ghille on, I grabbed my lanyard that was produced by fw707 . I LOVE this lanyard let me tell you! I have the remote from my FoxPro Fury on the lanyard as well as my Rhino Call made by Jay Niststter , and my NEW FAVORITE call, the RUBBER RABBIT by Kerry Karver.

I then grabbed my FoxPro Fury, as well as the MOJO CRITTER !

After getting my equipment ready, I grabbed my new BEST FRIEND! My new AR, chambered in .223, and CUSTOM built by Scottmilk9 Owner Specialized Dynamics, and loaded my magazine with my 55gr Nosler ballistic tips produced by ULTRAMAX !

As I was wlaking to the stand, I felt like a walking bill board commercial, and I was LOVING every second of it.

Anyway, Mo, Dean and I got set up as quick as we could. I placed the Fury right next to the MOJO CRITTER, walked back to the stand and began calling.

About 4 or 5 minutes into the stand, I picked up some movement about a 100 yards to my right. A nice looking coyote was loping in towards the "Dying Bunny". I quickly attempted to aquire him in my scope, and as I aquired the coyote in my scope, HE aquired a visual on the MOJO CRITTER!

This coyote IMMEDIATELY stepped up his pace from a trot to a full on sprint, directly towards the decoy!

As he came blazing in moving right to left, he came to within 1 1/2 feet of the MOJO CRITTER & the FURY before he realized the fix was in. When he was directly NEXT to the call, he made a hard right turn and sprinted directly away from me.

I barked at him and he checked right up. ("They always stop...they always do").

With the crosshairs on the dog, I squeezed the new Giessele 2 stage Match trigger and down he went.

Ater calling for a few more minutes, I went and collected the coyote, and drug him back to where the MOJO CRITTER & the FURY had done their jobs FLAWLESSLY! When this coyote saw that MOJO CRITTER, he had TUNNEL VISION!

I don't mean for this to sound like a commercial, but the more I thought about it, the more I had to write this out and share it.

Our sponsors are the best, and their products are fantastic.

Thanks to all of them!

Jeff

Congrats, Jeff, it looks like you had a great day out in the field
thumbup.gif

Looks like that coyote just about had that Mojo..

Kerry, that MOJO CRITTER really is something else. This dog came in pretty good, but once he saw and locked on to the Critter, it was a done deal.

I've heard a few folks say that "Yes the Critter works, almost TOO good".

I am now one of those people. If you have a CRITTER on the stand you'd better be practicing shooting quickly, cause when they see that darn thing, they kick it into high gear, and go straight for it.

SNOWMANMO has come up with a pretty ingenious adaptation to the MOJO CRITTER.

Out here in the Desert, the ground can be ROCK HARD, and getting the MOJO's spike into the ground can end up cracking or breaking the base of the critter.

SNOWMANMO simply found a very small camera tripod, threw some flat paint onto it, and placed some foam rubber golf balls onto each of the tripods feet, and painted them as well.

The tripods threads exactly matched the MOJO CRITTERS.

Walk to your setup, set the tripod/MOJO CRITTER up, and you're set.

The tripod swivels and leans so even on eneven ground you can balance it perfectly.

I think I'll be toting a shotgun onto the stand with me from now on.
thumbup1.gif

You need to show that idea to Terry and MOJO. That'd be great if they could work that tripod into their lineup. Very good idea.

Congrats and I agree that we have some gret sponsors with great products, here on PM.

Tony

It's really an amazing adaptation Tony. SNOWMANMO really nailed it with this one.

Inexpensive, easy to make and works everytime!

Well done SNOWMANMO!

I do the same thing here where the ground is too frozen to put the spike in the ground. It's already broken around the top because of this. I used a small tripod that came with my spotting scope.

I'm definitely going to steal the tripod adaptor idea for the critter. I've broken several trying to stick them in the frozen ground. I actually have one of those small tripods so I'm gonna give it a go!!! Thanks for the idea!!!

I used a Targus Tripod, $8 at Wal-mart, removed the nut they have on top, and screwed it straight into the MOJO. I used practice foam golf balls, drilled holes in them and glued them to the tripod. I think I am into the whole thing for about $12. I wasn't a real big fan of decoys, I tried a few with mixed results, but seeing that coyotes tracks literally right next to the decoy really speaks for itself.
It was great to go out with Jeff, but we really got to get him to tell you about he and Dean trying to wrangle that sanke they found. Crocodile Hunter's, they are not. What an awesome day, and all the gear worked as advertised.

Nice account Jeff and well done. Great to see you supporting the sponsors here, but even better to see all of their products coming together for a successful hunt. Way to go buddy!

As Mo, Dean and I were returning to the truck after one of many stands we made, Mo and I had arrived at the truck, and noticed that Dean was not back to the truck yet.

About 4 minutes later, Dean arrives and say's. "you shoulda seen the snake I just saw!"

O.K., It's February, 37 degrees on the first stand, and a daytime high of about 65, and Dean says he saw a snake.

"What kind was it?", I asked him.

Dean replies, "I'm not sure but that sucker was about 6 or 7 feet long, and it was PINK!"

Needless to say, Dean and I were off to find that snake!

Dean yells out that he found it, and I walked over to where Dean was.

Sure enough, there is a HUGE snake coiled and gathered under a tree, and sure enough, it is mostly pink with a a black head.

The coloration was mainly pink, and the head and some parts of the body were black.

Dean then begins to try and pursuade it to come out from under the tree with a stick, and the snake is getting VERY agitated, and strikes at Dean.

WHOA!!! This snake, while not poisonous, is being very aggressive in it's defense's, and eventually, it comes out from under the tree and goes staright after Dean striking while it's coming. "You better run" I tell Dean, half laughing from the excitement, and half serious, because this was one P.O.'d snake!

Dean and I, needless to say, protected ourselves from the beast, and in doing so, it got away from us, and made it's way down a hole.

As it is going down the hole, Dean grabs the end of the tail, and cannot get this snake to budge! Not only will the snake not budge back out of the hole, is literally pulls itself free from Deans grip, and makes it all of the way down into the hole.

Dean is pulling, I'm laughing and the snake is WINNING!

One TOUGH snake!

Mo and I have been trying to figure out what kind of snake it was. I'm pretty sure it was a coachwhip of some sort. I read that the coach whip does have some red coloration to it, and is pretty aggressive when cornered, and can reach length of up to 7 feet.

The snake remains unharmed, and we had ourselves a pretty cool story to tell.
thumbup1.gif

That's exactly what I thought, but wasn't really sure. I can tell you that it was a very big snake, and he didn't like old Dean worth a hoot!
scared.gif

I caught a w. coachwhip in phoenix once. it was also big.

they have a variety of color phases, including black & red. That one looks like he's between phases.

when that coachwhip showed up at my back door, at first I thought it was a racer. I'm pretty sure they're related to each other.

Black racers were common in middle TN, I used to catch them all the time. They tended to be fairly passive snakes.

Back